With the economy being what it is, sometimes the idea of going all out and putting a few bucks into a costume, that might be worn once, is not at the fore-front of our thoughts. We have rounded up some of the most creative, cost-effective, and “Pun” costumes that might take a few minutes to ‘get’, but when recognized, may end up making you the life of the party:
- Ceiling Fan: A t-shirt with the letter: “Go Ceiling” on it and perhaps a megaphone and/or pom-pom’s for the last and final touch.
- French Kiss: Kiss, the band, has definitely more identifiable faces with their face paint, but add a beret and Baguette to the mix with a group of friends and you have “French Kiss”
- Split P: Have a hoodie with a zipper? Just add a colorful “P” cut out of construction paper or have one added at the t-shirt shop and unzip it half way.
- Spice Rack: Grab a large cupped brassier from your mom’s drawer or the local thrift store and wear normally… add your favorite spices from your spice cabinet and wear proudly!
- Tickled Pink: Drape yourself in pink from head to toe, and find a feathered pink boa from your local craft store or Halloween shop.
- Raining Cat’s and Dogs: Have kids that have more stuffed animals than they know what to do with? Raid their toy box for the night and affix their kitties and puppies to a cloak or umbrella.
- Pot Brownie: Find a brown sash or an original brownie sash with a few badges on it. Strategically place some construction paper “Mary Joe” leaves and enjoy your friends reactions.
- Candy Wrapper: This one is for those with a sweet tooth! Empty some candy wrappers and split them open. Tape or sew them to a t-shirt and add some shades and bling!
- Freudian Slip: Slips are not just for under your dresses anymore! Ad some quirky Freudian theories such as “ego” , “Oedipal Complex” or get edgy and write “Psycho-sexual Development”
- Hawaiian punch: Have an old Hawaiian shirt and a pair of boxing gloves? Works in a punch!
Can’t wait to se what creative costumes our attendee’s will bring to the ball this year. Sometimes, the creativity and the “pun” never runs out!